Save the Date
Howe Island Ratepayers Association
Annual General Meeting – Thursday August 25, 2016 7:00PM
St. Philomena’s Parish Hall
All islanders welcome, you do not have to be a HIRA member to attend.
The AGM will feature:
- A recap of HIRA initiatives and a discussion with the audience as to their suggestions on HIRA priorities for 2017
- We will announce the winner of the HIRA sponsored photo contest photos can be seen on www.howeisland.org
- Update by Bruce Higgs on the maintenance plans for the Township Ferry
- We will also be handing out brochures on Wild Parsnip
- Election of the 2016/2017 board of Directors
The keynote speaker will be Sophie Kiwala MPP for Kingston and the Islands – Who will speak on “Programs for seniors” Ms. Kiwala will also be available for questions from the audience. She is driving back from Toronto that day so our backup plan is to have her staff do the presentation if Ms. Kiwala is late.
Not a member of HIRA? Please consider joining: we are a community association that works with local government for the improvement of Howe Island. Please fill in the form linked below and drop your cheque ($10.00/ year or $20 for two years or $100 lifetime) off at the meeting.