The Howe Island Ferry Committee met for the eleventh time on Thursday 15th September 2016 from 1700 – 1800 hours.
- The new drive for the Howe Island Township Ferry has been ordered and will be installed at the next scheduled maintenance day as well as a new cable.
- A back up cable will be available on site in addition
- The old drive will be refurbished and kept
- The following motion was accepted by the committee
THAT the Howe Island Ferry Committee request the Council of the Corporation of the Township of Frontenac Islands to give consideration developing a protocol for the Township (Foot) Ferry which would ensure the safety and security of municipal manpower and equipment during severe winter weather conditions;
AND FURTHER THAT during times of severe weather conditions the ferry be staffed with a compliment of two operators from Midnight to 6:30 am. for the purpose of keeping the channel open and maintaining a consistent level of service.
- A subcommittee was formed of the Community members to focus on the scope for the proposed Development Charges study. The subcommittee will report to the Howe Island Township Ferry Committee at the next meeting
Prepared by the members of the committee
Michael Quinn (Chair), Ed Beseau, Robin Craig, Jim Mills, Jennifer Medves, Natalie Nossal, and Bruce Higgs