The 2nd annual Howe Island Terry Fox Run is planned for Sunday September 16th . Last year, a small group of participants raised almost $6000.00 for cancer research. This year we hope to double both participation and funds raised. Please invite your family and friends to join you for a day of fun and exercise, and help us to reach our goal! Visit the Terry Fox Homepage to find out more about this annual Canadian event!
- Registration at the main ferry parking lot between 8:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- Official ribbon cutting by Howe Island Fire Department at 8:30 a.m.
- Participants may begin their walk/run/ride any time after 8:30 and before 10:30 a.m.
- Two routes from which to choose, both well signed and each with 2 water/rest stations along the route
- Route #1- From ferry to ferry along Howe Island Drive, approximately 14.5 km.
- Route #2- A circuit starting and finishing at the main ferry via Howe Island Drive, the Lower Side Road and the North Shore Road, approximately 10.5 km.
- All participants will receive an official certificate of participation with the 2007 sticker
- Shuttle service will be available for participants (and their bikes) on both routes
- Participants walking dogs are encouraged to choose the circuit route.
- Participants on horseback should register before September 16th by calling Pat at 613 549 6585
- A limited number of Terry Fox t-shirts are now available
- If you are unable to attend on the 16th, please consider sponsoring a friend or neighbor
- For further information call Pat at 613 549 6585 or email email@example.com
at the VEGGIES stand and at the Udder-D-Lite Chip Wagon