Howe Island Giveaway Day Saturday October 28, 2023
GIVEAWAY DAY GUIDELINES
Only set out appropriate items that you know someone else might want.
- Appropriate: Books, CDs, DVDs, furniture and small appliances, electronics, construction materials (including drywall, lumber, hardware ), kitchen gadgets, dishes, cutlery, pots and pans and, yes, unwanted gifts.
- Inappropriate: The Consumer Product Safety Bureau of Health Canada advises that these items should not be given away (or picked up): baby walkers, cribs, car seats, strollers, playpens, bath seats, mattresses, blinds and toys.
How to put items out:
- Place items at the roadside in front of your home.
- Place stickers or signs on the items with the word “FREE”
- Ensure any items that you do not want taken are kept away from items placed at the roadside.
- At the end of the day, bring any uncollected items back into your home. The Township will not collect unwanted items left at the roadside. Consider donating to a local charity.
How to pick items up:
- Respect other people’s property
- Take only the items that are marked “FREE” and placed at the roadside.
- Don’t leave previously picked up items on the roadside at other people’s property.